Mindbinge

Welcome to Mindbinge. Please login or sign up.

January 21, 2020, 08:30:14 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Recent

Members
  • Total Members: 10
  • Latest: BIG
Stats
  • Total Posts: 60
  • Total Topics: 8
  • Online Today: 3
  • Online Ever: 11
  • (January 05, 2020, 07:03:51 am)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 1
Total: 1

ShoutBox

Reaper: I'm stuttering worse than Joe Biden after snorting some of Trump's Adderall... 2020 Jan 21 13:09:25

Reaper: Down from 80 million, Iran has deep discounted, and now offer just 3 million dollars to kill Trump. On a side note, the price to kill me is down to a buck $2.98. 2020 Jan 21 13:07:42

Reaper: Down from 80 million, Iran has deep discounted, and now offer just 3 million dollars to kill Trump. On a side note, the price to kill me is down to a buck $2.98. 2020 Jan 21 13:07:40

Reaper: "Endeavor to persevere..."  Chief Lone Watie in 'The Outlaw Josey Wales' 2020 Jan 21 10:28:14

xman: All's fair in love and war ! 2020 Jan 21 06:23:13

Reaper: "It's all about the money boys!"  Big Dan Teague in 'Oh Brother Where Art Though' 2020 Jan 19 16:58:18

Farrider: Its called 401K not that I have one at this point LOL 2020 Jan 19 14:19:48

Reaper: A reckoning is coming, and I will stand on the side of the rule of law, our Constitution, and the principles on which this country was founded, freedom for all, regardless of race, color, creed, or religion! 2020 Jan 19 14:19:16

Reaper: Give me ONE other reason why they forsake the teachings of Christianity, and ignore the completely anti-Christian stated beliefs of Donald Trump... 2020 Jan 19 14:16:45

Reaper: Far too many so-called Christians have been hoodwinked by the false prophet, Donald Trump. They support a person of low moral fiber because he, like them, hates people of color. There, I said it... 2020 Jan 19 14:14:27

luvmuffin1969: Agreed.  That is what I always loved about this forum, we can disagree but do it respectfully.   Not a beer drinker here, but will join you for a shot of whiskey. 2020 Jan 19 12:18:56

Reaper: I would never want to lose a friend over a differing in political opinions, because we CAN all get along. Hate NEVER solves problems, it only causes them. Now..hold my beer, LOL! Good night my brothers! 2020 Jan 18 22:08:06

xman: That's how I roll ... 2020 Jan 18 07:11:42

Reaper: Sure xman, let's go downtown, gonna see my gal, gonna drink cold beer, gonna dance all night, gonna wake up in the hospital...LMAO! 2020 Jan 17 20:47:04

xman: Hey Reap, I'm goin downtown ... wanna go with ? 2020 Jan 17 19:11:09

xman: Can we all agree to disagree ? 2020 Jan 17 18:48:23

xman: Chit can always benefit from more Cow Bell !   LOL Reap ! 2020 Jan 17 18:47:48

luvmuffin1969: The truth needs to be told, crawling under a rock and refusing to hear it so you do not have to face it is the Senators not living up to their oath of office. 2020 Jan 17 18:26:07

Reaper: And rubber hoses and phone books, we'll beat the truth out of da' bastids! 2020 Jan 17 16:48:15

Reaper: ....and cow bells! We NEED more COW BELLS dammit!!! 2020 Jan 17 16:30:14

Public or Private, Pro's and Con's

Started by Reaper, December 31, 2019, 11:57:20 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Reaper

Let the debate begin, as to whether, moving forward, we remain a public or change to a private dark forum.

My initial thought is, if you have a really good hack/workaround that is best left in the dark for the obvious reasons, then let farrider or myself know that it's the reason you vote for a private/dark forum. We fully understand, technology evolves, and it's very hard for some of us more inquisitive folks to not want to figure out how stuff works, just like so many other "white hats" who get paid good money to figure out how to crack something.

Unless that type of situation exists here, then my vote leans toward keeping things wide open and see where this all takes us. If all I ever have is a shoutbox to kid around with farrider, xman, KapperDog, and so many of the others who stumble through here, it'll still be a good time.

Kapper wants us to be a cannabis forum...not a bad idea at all.

The floor is open, my friends, talk among yourselves, LOL!

Reaper...

xman

Only way to boost membership is to be in the public view.

I can think of a couple things that are prolly better off out of the public's view.
What's the difference between a road kill lawyer and a road kill rattlesnake?
There are skid marks leading up to the rattlesnake.

thedog

Well as far as I know out "other" forum is private and it has died a slow death from lack of participation by the few members that have paid hard cash to belong.  Not much point in belong to a forum if you don't have any discussions going on or items of interest being posted by the members.  Just using the shout box to tell each other "good Morning' is sort of like taking to your self in the mirror.

On the other hand if you are public  you have to have something that will draw people into your site on a regular basis.  That requires topics that a broad number of people are interested in or information that a lot of people are looking for.

luvmuffin1969

Pros and Cons both ways but I feel that over the years this forum evolved into more of a "think tank" than anything else. Back in the heyday if you had a question on just about anything if you posted it here the odds were a member either worked in the field or had knowledge of you issue. I had never seen such a diverse group of people who in "real life" had nothing in common, but with this site it drew us all together in a common thread.  I say keep it open for now and see where things take us.  If later down the road the path takes us another direction I say you again post a thread on the issue.

thedog

unfortunately, that group is long gone, the only thing our present group thinks about is old age, former glory, dreams of pussy and beer

xman

You say that like it is a bad thing ...

thedog

I am saying that you will never get any traffic if that is what you are offering.  There are hundreds of sites devoted to those subjects that are far more definitive than this one.

Farrider

Got plenty of traffic, just the unwanted kind.

There are about 100 bots per hour trying to get in lol, looks like the questions asked are holding them at bay.

That in and of it's self is a feat to behold lol

Reaper

luvmuffin1969

Quote from: thedog on January 04, 2020, 10:10:34 amunfortunately, that group is long gone, the only thing our present group thinks about is old age, former glory, dreams of pussy and beer

I know this site will never be that again.  Yes an old man dreaming of the "glory days".  Just saying that I feel that until we determine what the theme of the forum moving will be that we leave it open and see where it goes.

xman

Besides all that, after awhile, the old man smell round herre gits kinda rancid .....

Reaper

Quote from: xman on January 12, 2020, 06:53:59 amBesides all that, after awhile, the old man smell round herre gits kinda rancid .....

Hoof Hearted?